Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Indian Religion

Yesterday, Indian cricket team was put down under by the Lankan Lions in the one-day international at Canberra and all the news channels, as usual, started their blame game. Two days back when they beat kangaroos, it was all praise for them. I am not here to review about what went right and what went wrong but I just want to know one thing that why we are like this. One day we keep these cricketers on Cloud 9 and next day deep inside the earth’s core. Why we don’t understand and even they are humans and it’s just a game. But being an Indian I am also very well aware of the fact that it is religion here. And we Indians are like that only- filled with emotions-good or bad! But I also think its very unfair and nothing but a hype created by media just to increase their TRPs. Finally I just empathize with them. That’s all I can do.




(Photo credits: Google)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cricket and maybe that's the reason I expect from them too much. I also agree that at times we are just too harsh on them, but comeon yaar we are fans, we are supposed to be like that!

Anonymous said...

you have said it right girl!!

Anonymous said...

WE INDIANS HAVE LOT'S OF EXPECTATIONS. IF SACHIN COMES ON THE PITCH WE EXPECT HIM TO MAKE CENTURY. THAT'S WHY WE BEHAVE LIKE THIS!!